Lire en Français
- Founded in 1981 with an edible oil processing plant, Huileries Haitiennes, S.A (HUHSA) has since expanded its activities to include five business sectors: Edible Oil; Laundry and Bath Soaps; Powder Detergents; Shortening & Margarine; and Packaged Goods.
- HUHSA has a widespread distribution network that delivers products to its extensive clientele consisting primarily of wholesalers and retailers in every nook and cranny of Haiti. Thanks to its own fleet of trucks, the company ensures that products are delivered to customers within 24 hours of order placement.
- HUHSA’s products are top quality and economically priced—offered in brand or private label format in ways that meet the needs and culture of the Haitian population. Products are sold by street vendors, wholesalers, convenience stores and supermarkets.
- At HUHSA, we employ more than 450 full time employees and many more independent contractors to efficiently manufacture and distribute our products. The company has recently received the highest praise from the government of Haiti, which recognized its corporate governance. Moreover, year after year the Customs Department has awarded HUHSA its highest honor for adhering to strict customs and taxpaying protocols.
|HUHSA’s Business Segments
- Customer service is HUHSA’S top priority, and at our modern facility we package oil under the GOURMET label in formats varying from 55-gallon bulk containers to consumer-sized packaging as small as half-liter bottles.
- HUHSA has been in the soap business in Haiti since the early 1980’s. Today, HUHSA markets laundry soap under the Banda label. The soap is manufactured in different sizes, shapes, presentations, colors and fragrances to meet the demands of Haitian consumers. In 2014, the plant started a project to upgrade its production machinery with new state-of-the-art technology. Completion of the capital improvements is scheduled for mid-2015.
- The bath soap is commercialized under the names, Clean Boy, Bactrosan, Mousse and Eve, each with different target markets, properties and fragrances. We are also upgrading this plant and adding state of the art technology and the new finishing lines which will be operational mid-year 2015.
- Both our bath soaps and laundry soaps enjoy a great consumer acceptance and are leaders in the market.
- HUHSA operates a recently upgraded powdered detergent plant in Haiti and controls a large percentage of the market. Detergent is sold in various package sizes to meet all consumer needs and is marketed under the Kim and Puritex brands.
- The plant upgrade added new lines, improving quality, output and flexibility for all products.
Shortering & Margarine
- Margarine and shortening are key ingredients in the Haitian kitchen, and HUHSA offers many options for consumers.
- HUHSA manufactures high-quality products for our customers—whether they be for a bakery owner, food retailer or a homemaker preparing a meal for family.
- We understand how our Haitian community cooks and make it a priority to stay up-to-date with product requirements. As a result, HUHSA shortening and margarine products sold throughout Haiti in a variety of packaging options that meet the demands of all consumers.
- HUHSA is a recognized distributor of shelf stable and refrigerated foods, both branded and private label as well as personal care items, household cleaning products… and much more
- HUHSA’s packaged goods division commenced operations in the mid 1990’s—and has become well known in Haiti for offering quality products at competitive prices. With our nationwide next day delivery distribution network, HUHSA’s premium packaged goods reach wholesalers and retailers quickly to meet freshness and shelf life standards.
- HUHSA has exclusive distribution agreements for Haiti with the top brands in the United States, the Caribbean, South America, Asia and Europe—including Kraft Foods, Mondelez, Nestle, Nestle Purina, Philip Morris, Plastifar, Gerber, Goya, Hormel, Jugos Antillas, and more.
- We also market bulk products under our private label such as, dried beans, sugar, cornmeal and corn grits. In addition, we sell consumer sized pastas, tomato paste, powdered juice and evaporated milk, also packed under our private label.
- As a full-service organization, HUHSA’s knowledgeable staff offers advertising, marketing and promotional assistance to the wholesaler and retailer clients. At HUHSA, we work hard to ensure customer satisfaction—a strategy which has earned us consistent double-digit annual growth.